I am a freelance photographer and visual artist currently based in London, UK. I use this blog as a place to show work-in-progress, images from recent commissions, exhibition details, and other random bits and bobs.

Please visit www.kateelliott.co.uk for more examples of my work, and www.kateelliottphotography.co.uk for my commercial photography website. I am also one half of artist collaboration KEEM.




Saturday 7 July 2012

Upcoming shows


  • Last year I was commissioned by The Photographers' Gallery to take a portrait for The World in London - a large-scale, public art project which set out to bring together 204 portraits of 204 Londoners, each originating from a different nation that will be competing at the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. The portraits will be displayed in Victoria Park from 25 July - 12 August, and there will be a dedicated project website, where you can access the stories behind the photographs, launching on 27 July www.theworldinlondon.org.uk  
  • My portrait for The World in London will also be shown at The Gulbenkian Foundation, Hoxton Square, where 30 selected works will be on display from August - end of 2012.
  • From 2 August - 2 September I am showing a new site-specific work - The Landscape - as part of the Patio Projects programme, at WW Project Space, 30 Queensdown Road E5 8NN
  • Last week I found out I have been longlisted for the WW Solo Award 2012. There will be an exhibition at the new exhibition space - 34/35 Hatton Garden EC1N 8DX, from August 1 - 25
More details to follow soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment